Dear Valued Supplier Partners,
As news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) echoes throughout the world, our thoughts are with those impacted both globally and within our local communities. At Sensata, our priorities remain, as always, to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers and communities while continuing to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, relying on credible information from respected organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other federal, state, and local agencies in the United States and globally. We are taking this information into consideration as we set precautionary measures and policies. In light of the foregoing, we have asked our employees located in North America and Europe to work from home as business reasonably allows. We are restricting travel and implementing increased cleaning protocols. In addition, we are asking employees and visitors to avoid in-person meetings and to use remote communication tools instead.
At the same time, we are committed to our customers and to delivering our products timely, in accordance with our agreed upon schedules and timelines. Thus, please understand that we do not view your obligation to deliver parts or services to Sensata as being impacted by COVID-19. We will consider any restriction, delay or cancellation of your obligations to deliver parts or services due to a "Force Majeure" on a case-by-case basis, which will be accepted only in limited situations and with our prior written consent.
As a valued supplier, you have an obligation to secure production and deliver parts to us. We also expect that you have prepared or are in the process of preparing emergency plans for this situation, so that production and delivery can continue or resume as quickly as possible. In the case of any potential or definitive deviation from your product delivery schedule, you must contact our procurement department and material planning department immediately, and we will do our best to work together to find a solution. In addition, please provide us with your company’s specific plans to protect supply. As this is a rapidly developing situation, we ask that you continue to provide us with updates regarding impacted parts, facilities, and your ability to supply parts to us. Similarly, disruptions to any services being provided due to COVID-19 must be communicated immediately to the relevant business and procurement department, and again, we will do our best to work together to find a solution.
As always, we value your work as a supplier and want to work collaboratively to ensure a mutually beneficial outcome to this challenging situation. Sensata reserves all rights under the provisions of any applicable contract, bill of lading, purchase order, terms and conditions or other documents issued in connection with the services or supplies being provided, or under other relevant law.
Please feel free to reach out to your Sensata contacts if you should have any questions. Alternatively, please contact our designated lead, Mr. Kee Wai Leong, Global Procurement COVID 19 Lead, at [email protected].
We appreciate your continued support and partnership with Sensata.
Global Procurement and Site Planning Teams
Be sure to view our updated Purchase Order Number Policy.
Notice of 2020 Conflict Minerals Reporting Initiative
Under the terms of Sensata’s Purchase Orders, Supplier Code of Conduct, and Conflict Minerals Policy, Suppliers that provide parts that contain, or may contain Tantalum, Tin, Tungsten, and Gold ( 3TG) are required to provide Sensata with an annual Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT).
With the support of Assent Compliance, Sensata will begin its 2020 CMRT Campaign in July, and requests that its suppliers provide their 2020 CMRT before the end of September 2020.
Suppliers should note that if their Company-level 2020 CMRT indicates a smelter in their supply chain that is sanctioned by the United States Government, or which is not conflict-free as defined by the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas (Third Edition), Sensata will (i) request a Product-level CMRT for the parts or materials that are sold to Sensata by that Supplier, and (ii) if the use of such entities or smelters is confirmed in the Product-Level CMRT, require corrective actions by the Supplier to eliminate such smelters from Sensata’s supply chain.
Suppliers will receive notice of the start of the 2020 CMRT Campaign from Assent Compliance.
CMRTs and inquiries regarding CMRTs may be sent directly to Assent at [email protected].
Questions regarding Sensata’s CMRT Policy and reporting process should be sent to Sensata’s Environmental, Social and Governance Compliance Team at [email protected].
Sensata has established the Sensata Supplier Portal that enables Sensata and its suppliers to collaborate real time for general lifecycle management and material planning purposes.
The Supplier Portal allows Sensata and Supplier to perform:
Automated Registration: For new and existing suppliers.
Data collection: Tax Id, DUNS Information, address, detail contact information, banking, pricing and invoicing.
Notifications: For your Information and Action required (e.g. update profile, documents, surveys, etc.).
Storage and Sharing of Key Documents: Certificates, W9, and Tax Registration.
Transactions: Forecast Sharing, Acknowledgements, Change Request and Advanced Shipping Notices.
The Supplier Portal will be rolled out globally on a site by site basis. Some of the above tools may not be available in all Sensata sites at the beginning; our local Procurement teams will contact Suppliers when all features are ready for use.
Sensata’s long-term goal is to have all our Direct Material Supply Base utilizing the Supplier Portal. Indirect Suppliers are also encouraged to utilize the Supplier Portal. Future supplier collaboration improvements will include compliance, performance management and EDI capabilities.
If you have any questions about using the Supplier Portal, please reach out to your local Procurement or Supply Planning contact.
Registration to the Supplier Portal is required for both prospective and existing suppliers. Post registration, suppliers can directly access the Supplier Portal.
|Prospective Supplier Registration||Supplier Portal Access|
|Existing Supplier User Registration|
|Brown, Eric||Director, Global Sourcing Electrical||[email protected]||508-250-7542|
|Maschetto de sa, Renato||Director, Global Automotive Sourcing||[email protected]||+35929047388|
|Leong, Kee Wai||Director, Asia Sourcing||[email protected]||603-55666168|
|Pluta, Paul||Director, Global Sensing Solution Sourcing||[email protected]||615-613-2563|
Policies & Procedures
- Terms & Conditions of Purchase
- Purchase Order Number Policy
- Human Rights and Working Conditions Policy: Sensata’s human rights expectations apply to all of our personnel, business partners and other parties directly linked to our operations, products or services; as such, Sensata is committed to respecting the United Nations Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (2011) and its principles within our operations and supply chains.
- Supplier Code of Conduct Policy: Sensata recognizes the shared values it has with its customers, stockholders, employees and suppliers. We are committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviors, and we require our suppliers to achieve similarly high standards. The Supplier Code of Conduct (Code) sets out the general requirements applicable to any all suppliers who provide goods and/or services to Sensata.
Sensata strongly encourages all of its direct and indirect suppliers, including contractors, to train its employees and sub-contractors on ethics and human rights in alignment with Sensata’s Supplier Code of Conduct. To this end, Sensata has created a one-page summary of key ethics and human rights practices which is translated into five languages (English, Spanish, German, Bulgarian, and Chinese), which can be accessed through the links provided below. Sensata also recommends that its suppliers make use of the Supply Chain Sustainability training provided by the Automobile Industry Action Group (AIAG) and the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) and other professional organizations through their respective websites.
- Compliance with Existing Law and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Regarding the Combatting of Human Trafficking: Sensata declares its commitment to identify, assess and eliminate the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking at its facilities and operations, and within its supply chain, consistent with the definitions and requirements of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015, and where applicable, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.222-50 on Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- UK Human Rights Trafficking Policy Statement: This statement has been prepared in accordance with the United Kingdom Modern Slavery Act 2015, Chapter 30, Part 6, Provisions 54 and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 and discloses measures taken by Sensata Technologies Holding plc and its subsidiaries (Sensata) during the 2018 fiscal year to address human trafficking and forced labor within its operations and supply chain.
- Global Supplier Quality Manual: Updated version, to reinforce the expectation of Sensata and our Customers, to ensure ZERO-DEFECT at any program stage, during mass production and after-market obligations. Rev. R recalls robust Change Management processes at suppliers, incl. adequate communication with Sensata and required approval by Sensata. In case of the announcement of an escalation stage, which is the identification of serious risks for Sensata and their customers, we expect fast retrieval incl. the establishment of actively managed recovery plans by the supplier. It is the responsibility of each Supplier, to review and to assure compliance to the expectation outlined in the "GSQM rev. R". The acceptance of a Sensata Purchase Order is the agreement of all Sensata Terms and Conditions, incl. the actual GSQM.
- REVISED | QMS01108101 Revision Е | Corrective Action Problem Solving 8D Form: Global collaboration between Sensata Customer and Supplier Quality Engineering, Sensata introduces a consolidated Problem Solving Methodology Worksheet. This worksheet is to be used by all Supplier’s when requested to address and investigate nonconformance’s by Sensata. It’s content provides Suppliers with the necessary tools to properly investigate root cause analysis, corrective action and effectiveness of actions taken, etc.
|QMS01108101||N/A||Global 8D Instructions & Template, Containment Instructions & Worksheets||Е|
|QMS-1006304||G-SM-24||Supplier Request for Engineering Change Approval [SREA] Supplier Deviation Request||F|
|QMS-1004961||G-SM-14||Supplier Request Initial Sample & Evaluation Request (RIS/ISER) Form||N|
|QMS-1006309||G-SM-29||[email protected] - Worksheet||D|